We appreciate the maple syrup season is now upon us and we wanted to share a little sweetness with you! Here's a delicious recipe from a mother and daughter duo from Ontario. Together, they've created a Maple Bourbon Crème Brûlée for everyone to enjoy. Check out more recipes on their website here: https://www.2dirtyaprons.com/
Try this recipe for your next special occasion or dinner party!
- 6 ramekins
- Hand-held mixer
- 1 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 7 tablespoons Wabanaki Bourbon Maple Syrup
- 12 tsp white granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Boil a kettle of water
- Place ramekins in a large roasting pan
- In a small saucepan combine cream and milk, bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, syrup, vanilla together until foamy and light coloured.
- Pour cream mixture into the egg mixture in a very slow stream while continuously beating the mixture so the eggs do not cook.
- Pour equal amounts of the custard into the ramekins. Fill roasting pan with warm water halfway up the sides of ramekin cups being careful not to get any in the custard.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until edges are set but the center is still jiggly. Cool for at least 3 hours, or overnight to set the custard.
- Before serving, bring to room temperature and preheat broiler. Sprinkle each ramekin with approx 1 teaspoon of sugar, making sure to coat the entire surface.
- Broil close to heat, watching carefully until sugar caramelizes and turns golden brown.