Blueberry & Peach Crisp
Peach and blueberry filling
- 5 peaches cored, unpeeled, & sliced into wedges
- 1 !/2 cups blueberries
- 4 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon squeezed
- ⅓ cup Wabanaki Maple Barrel Aged Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup oats old-fashioned rolled or regular
- ½ cup almonds sliced
- ½ cup maple sugar
- 5 Tbsp salted butter softened not melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Use a cast-iron skillet or 9” or 10” high-sided round baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, sliced peaches, blueberries, freshly squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and cornstarch. Mix well together, stirring gently with the spoon, and being careful not to break the fruit.
- Transfer the fruit mixture to a butter-greased baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, and sliced almonds. Mix in the softened, but not butter using a fork. Work the butter into the dry ingredients until everything is moist and clumps together (pea size).
- Crumble the topping over the fruit mixture in a baking dish.
- Transfer the peach and blueberry crisp to the oven and bake uncovered, for 40 - 45 minutes or until the top is golden and the fruit is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly, serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream for a delicious dessert!