Maple Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Espresso: Use two shots of espresso in the latte for a stronger coffee flavour.
- Oat: We use Oat Milk for a creamy, delicious flavour. But feel free to use the milk of your preference that has a frothing ability.
- Pumpkin Spice Flavour: we’re using real homemade pumpkin spice from sugar, water, real pumpkin puree (which comes in a can) and vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, add all of the above pumpkin spice ingredients and stir to make sure sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring all ingredients in the saucepan to a boil, then strain.
- Finally, when the Pumpkin Syrup is cool, strain it and place it in an airtight container (we recommend a mason jar), then refrigerate it to preserve. This syrup will be best for up to a week.
- Be sure to shake well before using.
- Make your 1-2 ounce shot of expresso and pour it into a medium or large size mug
- Then add Wabanaki Maple Traditional Syrup and your pumpkin spice syrup.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined well
- Pour 8 ounces of Oat Milk (or your preferred choice of milk) into a frothing pitcher.
- Turn the steam wand on and off to purge it
- Place the tip of the steam arm just below the surface of the milk before turning it back on
- Turn the steam wand on to its maximum power
- Then listen for a 'chirping' sound if you hear this, then it’s working!
- As the milk starts to froth, start to lower the jug but make sure to keep the wand's tip submerged in liquid and not froth
- Heat until the pitcher is too hot to touch, and then turn the steam wand off. Note: Your milk should be almost double in size
- Finished!! But make sure to clean the steam wand before continuing to the next steps of the latte
- Take your frothed milk of choice and slowly pour it onto the top of your mug with your expresso shot, Wabanaki Maple traditional maple syrup, and your pumpkin spice syrup
- Sprinkle some pumpkin spice and cinnamon on the top for an extra little something!