- 2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Wabanaki Maple Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 Large Eggs Separated
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil or melted Butter
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your waffle iron to 350 - 375 degrees Fahrenheit, spray with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
2) In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, maple sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
3) In a medium bowl beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff peaks are formed and then set aside.
4) In a separate medium bowl mix together the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
5) Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
6) Fold in the egg whites but do not over stir the batter.
7) Pour the batter onto a hot waffle iron and cook until waffles are golden brown.
Serve hot, top with butter, Wabanaki maple syrup, powdered sugar or any other favorite toppings!