- 1 cup wild rice, ground finely in a coffee grinder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, dairy or plant based
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil plus more for the pan
- Combine ground wild rice, all-purpose or gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, cinnamon and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
- Heat non-stick or cast iron pan to medium heat. Add a bit of oil if using cast iron. I like to put my batter in a squeeze bottle then squeeze out into small circles for silver dollar pancakes or larger for normal size. Flip when bubbles start to form. Remove when cooked through and serve.
- Top with the Maple Syrup of your choice