Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
- 6-8 each Chicken Thighs (skin-on, with bones)
- to taste Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp 15 ml Canola Oil
- 1 each Gala Apple, diced
- ½ cup 125 ml Onions, diced
- ¼ cup 60 ml Slivered Almonds
- 1 each Garlic Clove, minced
- 1/3 cup 82.5 ml Cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup 50 ml Wabanaki Maple Syrup
- to garnish Fresh Sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 o F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt & black pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil.
- Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes per side; remove chicken from pan and set aside.Continue this process until all chicken has been cooked
- Reduce heat to medium; add apples, onions, almonds, and garlic and season with salt & black pepper.
- Cook apple mixture until apples and onions have softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cranberries and maple syrup and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Place chicken back into the pan amongst the apple mixture and roast for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165 o F. Baste occasionally with the drippings.
- Remove pan from oven and garnish with chopped sage. Serve hot with your favourite side dishes.