- 2-3 lbs Pork Shoulder (boneless pork butt is a great option)
- ½ onion (sliced)
- ⅓ cup Wabanaki Bourbon Maple Syrup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 ripe mango, chopped into small cubes
- 1 ripe red pepper, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place onion slices on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place pork shoulder on top.
- Whisk together the maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, salt and chili powder.
- Pour over the pork.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or until pork is fall-apart tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and place in a large bowl (reserve cooking liquid). Shred with two forks or an electric hand mixer. Toss with some cooking liquid to taste.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the chopped ingredients for the salsa, then add lime juice, salt and pepper and mix.
- Serve pork and salsa on bib lettuce leaves.