- 100g chopped dark chocolate (good quality)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetend
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) milk + 2 tbsp
- 4 tsp corn starch
- 1 small pinch smoked salt or regular
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Wabanaki Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp maple or vanilla extract
- Blend whipped cream with maple syrup and maple extract until quite stiff. Spread evenly over parchment in 9x9 pan and put in freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Add the milk to a saucepan and add the chopped chocolate, cocoa powder and sugar. Heat the mixture, over medium heat, stirring occasionally until all the chocolate and sugar has melted.
- Mix the corn starch with 2 tbsp of milk then add it to the chocolate milk.
- Stir the hot chocolate until thick and smooth.
- Remove whipped cream from freezer and cut into cubes or desired shape.
- Pour your hot chocolate into mugs, add a small pinch of salt, top with frozen whipped cream and enjoy!