Ingredients For Cherry-Whiskey Meat Glaze
3 tbsp (45 ml) Wabanaki Maple, Whiskey Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup
¾ cup (180 ml) Cherry preserves (jam)
2 tbsp (30 ml) Butter
1 each Orange zest
¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Kosher salt
¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a small pot. Cook over low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, cool slightly; use to glaze a pork roast, chicken, or ham.
Ingredients for Pork Loin Roast
2.25 pounds (1 kg) Boneless Pork Loin Roast
¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Kosher Salt
¼ tsp (1.25 ml) Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Season pork with salt & black pepper.
2. Place pork in a shallow roasting pan. Spread glaze evenly over pork.
3. Roast pork in the oven uncovered, until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 145°F (63°C), about 1 hour. Baste every 10-15 minutes with glaze.
4. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. Serve hot with remaining cherry-whiskey meat glaze.
This cherry-whiskey meat glaze can also be used on seared chicken or duck breasts.