We partnered up with a mother and daughter duo from Ontario and they came up with this super simple 5 ingredient Banana Pancakes. Check out more of their savouring recipes on their website here: https://www.2dirtyaprons.com/
Try this recipe when you need to whip your pancakes!
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, beaten
- butter or oil for cooking
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash 2 bananas. Add baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat 4 eggs.
- Whisk eggs into banana mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan, add 1 tbsp butter and melt.
- Add 2 tbsp of batter to the pan and cook through on both sides until golden brown. These are a bit finicky to flip so the best way to cook them is on low heat for longer so the bottom doesn't burn but the eggs cook through. We recommend using a thin, metal spatula and lots of butter.
- Serve with Wabanaki Maple Syrup, a sprinkle of granola, and fresh berries