- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 200ml bottle of our Barrel Aged Bourbon Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
- pre-made pie crust
- 1 egg
- coarse sugar
- Make your maple berry filling: start by cutting and washing your strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, adding them into a medium pot. Mix in one 200ml bottle of our Barrel Aged Bourbon Maple Syrup and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Cook on medium heat until the berries soften. Using a potato masher or similar, crush the berries until there are no whole ones left. Slowly sprinkle in cornstarch while whisking until you get a thick consistency. Set your filling aside to let it cool.
- Prepare your haunted monsters: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. On a clean tabletop, lightly flour your surface then spread out your pre-made pie crust. Using whichever Halloween cookie cutters you like, cut out 2 of each monster design from the pie crust. Leave one monster untouched, then carve small facial designs on the other monster with a knife or circular tool.
- Fill your mini haunted pies: On a parchment-lined baking sheet, lay the untouched part of the pie down. In the center of it, add a little bit of your berry filling, spreading it out while leaving a bit of space around the edges. Next, put the part of the pie with the facial designs on top of the berry filling. With a fork, push together all of the corners of the mini pie so the filling doesn't spill out the sides.
- Bake your mini haunted pies: Whisk one egg and gently brush the eggwash on top of each pie. Sprinkle a bit of coarse sugar on each pie, then bake them in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until they are golden brown. Eat then while they're warm!